Managing the risks of a government contract starts before the award. To manage them, one must understand them however.
In some cases winning an award can literally make or break a company. It may be a large multi-year requirement and those failing to win the award will have little to do for a long time to come.
Similarly, the award could establish the particular technology that will be used on all of the follow-on production contracts. So again, those failing to win the development work could have nothing but spares and repairs on a declining system.
In still other cases, the new contract could be the start of a totally new adventure for the organization and understanding the requirements and their associated risks is essential.
When It Really Matters, CDI combines our decades of experience with our immense knowledge of the technical contractual and regulatory requirements to help clients understand those risks and develop a winning strategy with a workable risk mitigation plan.
Celestial Defense assists clients to capture a desired contract award through a number of specialized services that range from preparing specific proposal documents to devising and aligning adequate cost/price strategies to identification and mitigation of contract and performance risks.
- Cost proposal preparation
- Technical proposal preparation
- Alignment of cost structure with pricing and contract requirements
- Alignment of pricing with costs
- Alignment of pricing with competitiveness
- Alignment of cost/price with contractual and regulatory requirements
- Review of terms & conditions to assess and mitigate risk
- Alignment of pricing with contract requirements